Monday, May 28, 2012

Words of Inspiration


My one and only pen pal, my grandma, sent me a card recently. She spoke of her and my grandpa's busy-bee lives--she was on her way to Tai Chi that morning, and they had plans to road-trip to AZ the next day to visit family--and per usual, it made me proud and thankful to have such ambitious and mobile grandparents. The contents of the letter were as charming and heart-warming as ever, with her swirly cursive covering the entirety of the card's insides. My grandma's letters can turn my day around, and this one was all the more special. Her stationery is always pretty, and this time its front displayed one of my favorite quotes- a quote that I actually used in a post below!

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." Such simple words inspire me tremendously; they encourage me to be spontaneous and care-free. A perfect combination, especially with summer finally upon us.

What is your quote you strive to live by? I've decided this will be mine, at the very least for this summer. Here's to living freely, as Mr. Emerson would encourage all.

No comments:

Post a Comment