Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weird

Isn't it funny how many different loves there are?

I love new shoes. I love the adrenaline of a good run. I love purely blissful moments with my family, no matter how few and far between. I love my family, even when I don't like my family. I love a good book. I love God. I also love Chelsea Handler. And I love Charlie, my Border Collie. I love coffee... so, so much. I love brainstorming, but only when I don't love procrastinating. I love Pinterest. I love New York City, and I love me in New York City. I love the socks my grandma knits me. I love the feeling I get from helping others. I love my job. I love frozen yogurt (... but, duh).

Yet not one of those loves is the same as another. We feel a slightly personalized- for lack of better word- affection for a thing, person, place, idea, situation that we love, no matter how big or small. The Greek even have three words for love: agape for unconditional love, eros for passionate love, and philia for an affectionate and friendly love- which attempt to somewhat categorize certain types of loves.

The reality is this: some loves are fleeting, others everlasting. Some last as long as a breathtaking sunrise that is forgotten a week later. Others last from the first breath of life to our very last. Keep finding things to love, for you'll never find the same one twice. To me, that pursuit is where the true joy lies.
{My sister, whom, yes, I also love.}

{via}





















No comments:

Post a Comment