Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Be Happy


{graphic tee: Sans Souci Clothing; jeans: H&M; belt: J Crew; boots: Minnetonka; incredibly warm circle scarf (pictured below): Charlotte Russe; bangle and bicycle necklace: F21}

Have you ever heard that saying: "Do more of what makes you happy,"? That's what this shirt reminds me of, but in a Sparknotes version. Be Happy. What an incredible reminder to wear around all day, not only for myself, but for anyone I see, meet, come into contact with.

So often I find it so easy to slip into mundane daily routines of tasks and obligations- school, work, exercise, whatever it may be. I know if I took the two seconds to remind myself a few times a day that happiness is a choice, and I want to choose it, those routines that I sometimes drag myself through would turn into a contagious and genuinely joyous beam of light. Okay maybe that's a tad froo-la-la, but you get the picture, right? Not to say I won't have a few bad days here and there--I think that's only natural--but I'm talking about those days when I catch myself in a grumpy mood for no good reason? Be happy. That's all it takes. Happiness is a choice and an action and I choose it today.
Do you?

3 comments:

  1. such a cozy, chic outfit!! some of my favorite looks are more practical comfortable looking ones topped off with a great chunky knit like this scarf :) lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scarf! You look so cute & comfy :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great, warm looking infinity scarf!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete