Friday, January 13, 2012

Long or Short?

That is the question.
I cut my hair about shoulder length a year and a half ago and absolutely love-love-loved it. But, per usual, I did miss my longer locks and have since been trying to grow it back out. I rarely go to a hairstylist to get trims; in fact, I've trimmed my own ends the past three times. I know, I know, this is like hair sin numero uno, but what's a broke college student to do? It's worked out just fine, but I'm home on winter break and my mom wants to send me to a "real" hairstylist. The anticipation of such a luxury is sending me into an anxiety haywire!
So of course I want outside opinion. In all truthfulness, I would love and appreciate any and all advice on a cut, especially from all you wise bloggers out there! Do I go with just a trim, a few more layers, side bangs, or back to my shorter, layered 'do? What do you think?
Thanks for your help, dolls!
{before ever cutting le locks}
{after the short-chop}
 {as it grew back out}
{most recent picture of my hair}

7 comments:

  1. You have such amazing and healthy looking hair. I recently cut my hair - the split ends were insanely worrisome! I miss my long hair to be honest :/
    Your hair looked good in both lengths. Maybe layer it and do some highlights or something? did you do that [or lowlights] for when you had your hair cut? The colour looks slightly different then :)

    Hope you enjoy the decision you make :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tossing around the idea of cutting my hair, but I know I will miss the length! Your hair looks great...maybe just a trim with some layers- that's what I end up doing :) To answer your quesion- I use Polyvore to make my collages. It's easy to use and free! x www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoulder length look - but your hair is gorgeous and you'll look great no matter what!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the short lock cut! cute pic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is gorgeous! You can't go wrong either way.. It looks SUPER healthy when it's short, but there's something about long hair that's so glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um your hair is GORGEOUS! I want volume like that... I think I would go with long, just because I love having so many options to throw it up, a fun braid, etc.

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this question! As I get older, I realize that I just look best with longer hair. I can't pull off the shorter 'do' as well as some. I gotta say though - I LOVE the shorter look on you! I think it really brings out your cheek bones. So that probably gets my first vote.
    I also love the last photo...there's so much you can do with long hair.

    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete