Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthday Blessings

{birthday cookie cake; the tastiness of it compensated for the teeny misspelling of my name}

I feel so lucky to have such amazing people in my life to celebrate my 20th year with.  Two decades of my life complete; how does that even happen?!  I had such an incredible birthday week, and even though I was hit with a bit of the post birthday blues yesterday- as well as an oncoming, brutal cold- I can't help but just be thankful for the celebrations held all for little old me this past week!  Even the littlest things mean the world to me.
And now, I only have two days of school to power through until I get to jet off to South Dakota to see my sister, who has to work on Thanksgiving, unfortunately.  My friends always make fun of me for being excited to go to South Dakota; "I forgot that was even a state," is one of the most common reactions.  My mom and I are going to keep her company around her work schedule, and, regardless of friends' remarks, I couldn't be more elated to get to spend time with just those two, even in South Dakota!

{new boots from my amazing mama} 

{what I like to call my "birthday cake nails": OPI- Bring On the Bling & American Apparel Nail Lacquer- Coney Island} 

{brown-sugar cinnamon apple crisps. so delicious. the simplest recipe ever found here

{a few of my great friends at my my birthday dinner Friday night} 

{a gorgeous bouquet of tulips from my mom}  

{birthday present to myself: new piercing. hellloooo industrial} 

{such a stunning sunset that I got to witness on a run last week. I took it as another birthday gift} 

{the cutest fold-over Ugg socks, knit by hand by one of my heroes, my grandma}

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I just love birthdays! Your mama and grandma got you some great gifts for your feet :)

    ReplyDelete