Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cancer

Consuming you from within,
A black, unexpected disease.
You lose control of your health,
Of your days,
Of your actions,
Of your hope,
Of your life.
The illness thrashes like waves against your insides,
Sanding down those once solid foundations.
It causes emotions you never believed would be part of you.
That is, before the sickness enveloped your being.
Rage, depression, excruciating pain,
They change everything, everyone around you.

What is this cancer?
It's uncontrollable.
Dangerous.
Lethal.
Destructive.
Unpredictable.
The cancer of addiction.


For my brothers.  I love you.  I'm continually praying for your health.



2 comments:

  1. Such a horrible disease. I am praying for my Nan, I will pray for your brothers too.

    xoxo Stay strong! Jess
    http://sparksandfireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete