Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Life Saving Sandals


{cardigan: Scrapbook, dress: Buffalo Exchange, belt: Target, sandals: Forever 21}

Funny story about these shoes.

My first day interning at Teen Vogue last summer, I was absolutely terrified, euphoric, nervous, unsure, ecstatic, and, above all else, I was in 5-inch pumps.  Hey, I wanted to look professional!  Professionals wear high heels, right?  As it turns out, I was reminded very quickly and painfully that I wasn't a professional yet; I was an intern.  The lowest of low in the office; the coffee getters; the errand runners; the closet organizers; basically, the people without offices, desks, or even chairs at all.  

Needless to say, about two hours into my day my pinky toes began going numb.  By the time my 3 PM lunch break rolled around, blisters were popping and food was the last thing on my mind.  Instead of using my 30 minutes to scarf down a sandwich, I hobbled to the Forever 21 a block away as fast as possible and snagged these bad boys.  My feet have never been happier.  

Oops, did I say that was a funny story?  I meant tragic, with a hint of graphic.

{Thanks, little guys.}




3 comments:

  1. I love your sweater! It's so awesome, the colours & the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey! You are so funny :-) And happy those sandals saved your 1st day!!

    What a nice blog here :-)
    My name is Anna, italian, with a fashion blog :-)
    Would you like to have a look?
    If you like it, please become my follower, and I'll return the favour. I love meeting new followers!

    Have a nice day :-D

    www.followpix.com
    www.followpix.com
    www.followpix.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love heels, I always wear sandals or flats when I go outside since I walk a lot. What is it like working as an intern at Teenvogue? I'm surprised that they don't have chairs? I mean, when I watch "The Hills", those girls have computers and chairs and everything!

    ReplyDelete