Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Kid on the (Blog) Block

Let me just start out by saying I do NOT like change.  Or new starts very much, either.  That being said, I wanted to make this new blog regardless of my contempt toward change for a two reasons.


a) Pure procrastination.  Okay, this might seem like the epitome of lame reasons, but hear me out.  I have things to do that I actually NEED to do.  Don't we all?  But where's the fun in being responsible?  I work much better under pressure anyway... That's my validation for putting off all my homework, working out, and other deadlined writing commitments on this lovely, lazy Sunday.  Does anyone else relate?  Can I please get an amen?


b) Inspiration and new directions.  As an aspiring writer, I look for inspiration all over the place: books, blogs, people, magazines, photos, you name it.  But my problem is that I haven't been utilizing these inspirations to my advantage lately.  I had a fairly steady style blog that I kept up with all last year (click here if you want to check it out), but what started out as a fun and creative side project became slightly stressful and more of a burden than a creative outlet.  So with this new start, I'm going to take a more multidirectional approach when it comes to inspiration.  Rather than sticking solely to fashion and style, I'm going to pull from inspiration from anywhere and everywhere: travel, food, health, music, and life in general... But of course fashion will still be a big feature; I couldn't give up on the love of my life thaaat easily.


I can't really believe I'm saying this, but those reasons alone actually make me excited for a change...  Maybe I'm not as phobic to it as I thought.  Cheers to new beginnings!

2 comments:

  1. I definately know how it feels to start over! Especially with blogging it can be so daunting to start all over again, but I'm excited to see what you come up with. I started my blog with no purpose really, and didn't have a direction and wanted to do posts about food/travel etc as well but turns out i don't travel much, and I'm a horrible cook. haha so I stuck to my true love which was fashion as well. Since then I've loved it ever since! I'd love to see food and travel posts since those are two things I dont excel in :)
    good luck to you girl!!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both so much for your kind words! I can't tell you how great it is to get positive feedback already. I can't wait to look more into both of your pages :)

    ReplyDelete