Monday, October 17, 2011

Scarves on Scarves on Scarves


Regardless of the weather app on my phone so rudely telling me that today's high is a whopping 90 degrees, I decidedly chose to ignore that scorching news and, as per usual for me, look forward to tomorrow.  Tomorrow's beautiful forecast reads a high of 68, low of 46 degrees.  Yum.


Can I just mention real quick how much I LOVE fall?  No but seriously.  It's my favorite season of... all... time.  Crunchy leaves to stomp on in knee-high boots, nippy breezes that inspire cozy flannel button-ups to be pulled from the back corners of closets, pretty assortments of colored scarves magically appearing in stores everywhere, and, above all else, it's my birthday season.  I mean I'm just sayin'...


So today, anticipating autumn right around the corner, I broke out my winter clothes from boxed storage in my closet.  I use the term 'winter clothes' loosely, mind you.  Growing up in Vegas and going to school in Texas doesn't exactly yield the same winters as, say, my (slightly crazy) sister in South Dakota has to endure.  I don't even think I own a winter coat...  Nonetheless, as I hung pretty pea-coats and leather jackets and comfy sweaters and thicker leggings, I couldn't help but get so excited for this new season approaching us.  Scarves have always been one of my favorite accessories, and breaking them out of the confinements of their summer storage almost even made me a little giddy.  Is that embarrassing?  Wait I don't even care.  That's how much I love them.


Keep calm and scarf on, y'all; I hope you're looking forward to the season swap as much as little old me!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing embarrasing with that, I am like that myself. My fav season is spring though, also allowing scarfs, but the little bit more light ones.
    Now following and maybe youll visit me someday too.



    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall so much!! im obsessed with boots and thick chunky knit sweaters and hats! i love all of the colors of these scarves they are so great for this season. great post and congratulations on the blog!! best of luck with it :))

    nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete